Wednesday, September 12, 2012

The best cake I've ever made.


Seriously. This cake gives my other favorite, Italian cream cake, a run for its money! I found this recipe for chocolate pumpkin cake with salted buttercream frosting and a chocolate glaze on Pinterest, and it did not disappoint. I didn't make the little decorative pumpkins obviously, but next time, I plan on it! The recipe was a little involved just because there was the cake, the buttercream, the caramel sauce to mix in to the frosting, AND the chocolate glaze, but it's totally worth it. The cream cheese buttercream is the same recipe I always use for other cakes I make, but I hadn't really made caramel sauce before. It really doesn't take many ingredients, but it took a little longer for my sugar to melt into my corn syrup and for it all to melt together than the recipe says, so don't worry if that happens to you! I think what would have helped me is if I had put the corn syrup in the pan first, then the sugar on top instead of the other way around.
Basically, the result is a super moist cake and an amazing combination of flavors with the salted caramel frosting and rich, semi-sweet chocolate glaze on top. Nick isn't a big cake person, but he thought this was delicious! I like to think it's also because I made it :)




No comments:

Post a Comment